For 5 years, we have offered a double incentive to our snap customers encouraging shopping, cooking, and eating locally grown nutritious foods. When SNAP customers shop at the LFM, we provide them with DOUBLE their SNAP money (up to $20). Thus, one is able to purchase 40$ worth of nutrient dense-farmed foods for $20.
As a result, our SNAP customers have been increasing annually! In 2014, we predict we will give away more than $2500, but we need help raising that money!
If you would like to make a donation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Accept SNAP!
- SNAP – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is more commonly known as food stamps
- 4,600 households in Lexington and surrounding towns participate in SNAP
- Generous donors allow us to double our SNAP benefits
|For our SNAP Customers
Why Use SNAP at the Market?
- 68% – 80% locally spent money stays in the community
- Get more SNAP dollars thanks to the outreach program
- Produce and goods are fresh-picked that day and taste great!
- Environmental benefits include less packaging and transportation
|Useful Links||Transportation at a Glance|
|USDA SNAP Website||Lexpress Schedule|
|Share Our Strength||- #62 Bus from Bedford VA or Arlington Heights|
|MyPyramid.org||- #76 Bus from Hanscom AFB or Alewife|
|WholesomeWave.org||Minuteman Bike Path from Alewife or Bedford|